Tuscan Cream of Chicken and Spinach Soup
The perfect recipe for those days when you feel like shifting into soup mode. This Tuscan Cream of Chicken and Spinach soup is sure to satisfy.
- 2 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - thinly sliced
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 Rotisserie chicken - deboned and rough chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp Dude Food Fire Mama Dini spice blend
- 1 cup orzo - dried
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach - finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano - finely chopped
Cheese Mix / Topping Ingredients - Make 1 hr. to 1 day before:
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup risotto cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tsp Dude Food Fire Mama Dini spice blend
- In a small saucepot, add chicken broth and 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil.
- Add orzo and cook for five minutes. Turn off heat and set small saucepot aside.
- In a 4 qt. pot, heat to medium high and add butter, oil, and onions.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic, pepper, oregano, and Dude Food Fire Mama Dini spice blend and cook for additional 2 minutes
- Add cream and 1 tsp salt, reduce by half
- To the onion and cream mixture, add the orzo and broth from the small saucepot
- Add chicken and spinach. Mix well and simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Top with cheese mix. Serve and enjoy!
Cheese Mix Directions - Make 1 hr. to 1 day before:
- Combine parmesan, risotto, cream cheese, and Dude Food Fire Mama Dini spice blend - mix well.