Microwave Chocolate Cream Pie
My mother-in-law Sandy developed this recipe based on a traditional chocolate pudding style pie. But she adapted the traditional cooked pudding to a microwave. This eased the burden on her wrists for stirring the pudding constantly over heat. Over the years of cooking, she developed carpal tunnel syndrome which made stirring painful. This microwave pudding recipe eased that burden for her. Many adaptations are developed out of necessity. When you are busy in the kitchen or on holiday deadlines, time is of the essence. This recipe allows you to make better use of your time making other dishes. You will be surprised, as I was, at the ease and tastiness of this pie.
- 8 heaping tablespoons cocoa
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 6 heaping tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prepared pie crust, baked
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar.
- Add eggs and milk and mix with wire whisk.
- Place in microwave and cook 2 minutes on high.
- Stir with whisk.
- Continue cooking in microwave for 2 minutes at a time, stirring in between, until pudding is very thick, about 15 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Mix and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator until cool.
- Top with whipped cream before serving
Be sure and check out all of Dude Food Fire's awesome Thanksgiving and Holiday recipes! Click an image below to view the recipe!