Guerro Cream of Reuben Stew with Marbled Rye Croutons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ stick butter
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 cup celery
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 12 ounces of packaged cole slaw mix, rough chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dude Food Fire Chili Guero Spice Blend
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds pastrami, rough chopped
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 4 ounces chihuahua cheese, crumbled
- 5 slices marbled rye bread, cut into 1/4 -inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Dude Food Fire Chili Guero Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In large 6-8 quart nonstick pot over medium-high heat add oil, butter, and onions. Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, garlic, slaw mix, caraway seasoning, and Chili Guerro spice blend. Cook 5 more minutes. Add flour to make a thick paste. Cook for one minute.
- Add broth and cream and whisk until smooth and mixed in. Add in the meat. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes stirring every 2-3 minutes to keep from sticking.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust salt before serving.
- Coat inside of a very large mixing bowl with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle Chili Guerro spice blend over the oil so it sticks to the inside of the bowl.
- Add sliced bread cubes and mix well to soak up the oil and spices off of the bowl.
- Spread in one layer in a cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes until crusted on edges.
- Mix together Swiss cheese and chihuahua cheese.
- Top each soup bowl as you are serving.
- Top with croutons and enjoy.