Green Chile Egg Puffs with El Paso Spice Blend
My mother-in-law Sandy used to make this for breakfast on Christmas morning. The recipe is so simple, but so rich and warm, and quickly became a favorite of mine. These green chile egg puffs with Dude Food Fire El Paso Spice are super easy to make, have amazing flavor, and can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe is one that everyone can make and I know everyone will enjoy!
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dude Food Fire El Paso Spice
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 pound grated Monterrey Jack/Colby Jack Blend Cheese
- 1 cup diced green chilies
- Beat eggs.
- Add in all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- You can also make these in muffin tins and freeze for an easy on-the-go breakfast.