Dallas Spice Cocktails
Who doesn't love a delicious cocktail? And there's nothing quite like a well-made mixed drink to get the party started. If you're looking for something unique and flavorful, why not try a cocktail made with Dallas spice blend, Luxardo cherries, and grilled oranges? The combination of spices, sweetness, and citrus will tantalize your taste buds and have you coming back for more. Plus, the beautiful colors of the ingredients make for a stunning presentation. So whether you're hosting a dinner party or just enjoying a night in, these special cocktails are sure to be a hit. Cheers!
Before we can make the cocktails we have to prepare the oranges. To create the orange juice that will be used for the cocktail, you will need the following:
- 6 navel oranges
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries - 14 oz. jar
- Luxardo Cherry Liqueur
- Pour the Maraschino cherries and juice into a 32 oz. jar.
- Fill the remainder of the jar with Luxardo Cherry Liqueur and stir to mix together.
- Slice the navel oranges in half and lay out on baking sheet, fruit side up.
- Brush each orange with the Luxardo cherry mixture, allowing it to dry. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times.
- Heat grill...I used a Louisiana Grills 300 Portable Pellet Grill - this thing is an absolute beast - to 400F. Place oranges on grill fruit side down, allowing the Luxardo cherry glaze to grill and smoke and roast. Remove from heat when glaze begins to caramelize and brush on another layer of the Luxardo cherry mixture.
- With the Louisiana Grills 300 Portable Pellet Grill, open up the sear plate and place the oranges directly above the flame, allowing the Luxardo cherry glaze to char into the orange.
- Once oranges reach desired char - I like a nice, caramelized crust, remove from grill and allow to cool
- Juice the oranges
"Dallas Sunrise Cocktail"
- Tequila - 1 1/2 ounces
- 3/4 cup grilled orange juice
- Luxardo Cherry Liqueur- 3/4 ounce
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Dallas Spice Blend - 1 tsp
In a cocktail glass filled with ice, add in tequila and grilled orange juice. Slowly add the Luxardo Cherry Liqueur, pouring over the back of a spoon, allowing it to settle at the bottom of the glass. Add Maraschino cherries for garnish and Dallas Spice Blend to the rim of the glass.
Serve and Enjoy!
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. Luxardo Cherry Liqueur
- 3 oz. grilled orange juice
- 1 tsp. Dallas Spice Rim